Copenhagen 5-9th september 2011
During one week master students and 3rd year students from the Royal Academy of fine Arts, School of Architecture in Copenhagen were working around dreamhamar project. The students were mainly from Denmark but there was an important amount of them coming from countries all around the world. There were students from: Australia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Chec Republic,
The workshop was lead by the danish professor Frans Derniak and the ecosistema urbano partner Jose Luis Vallejo (@jlvmateo).
The main aim of the workshop was to experience public spaces in Copenhagen by directly acting on them and later extract the learning of the process and comunicate to Hamar citizens involved in the design of the new Stortorget Square.
After 5 days of intense work the students were quite excited about what happened outdoors. They interacted with the citizens of Copenhagen, interviewing them or involving them into their processes of discovering the lacks or the potentials of change of a myriad of public spaces of central Copenhagen. We had absolutely diverse points of view:
1. Group Curiousity explored the potencial of placing elements in the public space without an specific role, in order to empower the curiosity or unpredicted uses and behaviours outdoors.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Curiousity
2. Group Pets explored the world social interactions outdoors created by pet owners.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Pets
3. Group Urban birds explored the nature and artifice of technology under the recognizable shape of an urban bird.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Urban Birds
4. Group Balloons experimented why the design of certain public spaces creates “mobility areas” instead of creating a lively urban scenario.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Balloons
5. Group Your Space invented a technological device to create your own public space during the night.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Your Space
6. Group Playful explored the potenciality of urban furniture as playful elements.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Playful
7. Group DYS (do it yourself) Square invented a new urban furniture that promotes the exchange of unused goods and also enhance to use them temporary as furniture to customize public spaces.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group DYS
8. Group Naming realized that existing public spaces can be requalified by naming them in order to promote alternative creative uses.
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Naming
9. Group Mother cell discovered a possible creative furniture, to requalify unused public spaces, that can be easily implemented by the users.
cecilre vibe nielsen
óli rúnan eyjólfsson’
sofie katrine lamberg
mathilde sakura ballegaard
Workshop Copenhagen_Group Mother Cell